Meaning of Ian in the Bible
The name Liam is of Scottish Gaelic origin. Its biblical meaning is “God is gracious” or “the Lord is gracious.”
|Meaning||God is gracious or the Lord is gracious.|
Popularity of the name Ian in different countries
- England = 376,424 People, 16 Rank.
- Australia = 140,801 People, 9 Rank.
- United States = 118,577 People, 525 Rank.
- Kenya = 96,700 People, 93 Rank.
- Philippines = 72,632 People, 292 Rank.
- Canada = 61,886 People, 103 Rank.
- Scotland = 48,897 People, 13 Rank.
- New Zealand = 29,589 People, 9 Rank.
- South Africa = 27,695 People, 317 Rank.
- Brazil = 26,257 People, 980 Rank.
source – forebears.io (2014 data)
Famous People Named Ian
- Ian Nepomniachtchi (Russian chess grandmaster)
- Ian Fleming (British writer)
- Ian McKellen (English actor)
- Ian Cardozo (Military personnel)
- Ian Wright (English TV personality)
Similar Names to Ian
Ian Name Meaning in Bible
God is gracious or the Lord is gracious.
Is Ian a Biabilic name?
Is Ian a good name?