United States (America) 🇺🇲 (Male Voice)
United Kingdom (Britain) 🇬🇧 (Female Voice)
The name Robert is a popular name in many countries, but its pronunciation can vary depending on the language. In general, the English pronunciation of Robert is as follows:
- R is pronounced as a short “r” sound, like in the word “run”.
- O is pronounced as a long “o” sound, like in the word “home”.
- B is pronounced as a short “b” sound, like in the word “bag”.
- E is silent.
So, the correct pronunciation of Robert is “ROH-bert”. This pronunciation is consistent with the way the name is pronounced in both British English and American English.
However, there are some regional variations in the pronunciation of Robert. For example, in some parts of England, the name is pronounced with a short “o” sound, like in the word “hot”. This pronunciation is sometimes referred to as the “Cockney” pronunciation of Robert.
In French, the name Robert is pronounced with a stress on the second syllable. The phonetic spelling is “RO-bèr”. This pronunciation is similar to the way the name is pronounced in Spanish and Italian.
No matter how you pronounce it, Robert is a classic name that is sure to make a good impression. So, if you’re looking for a name that is easy to pronounce and has a timeless appeal, Robert is a great choice.
Here are some additional tips for pronouncing Robert correctly:
- Make sure to pronounce the “r” sound in the first syllable. This is often the part that people mispronounce.
- Don’t overemphasize the “o” sound in the second syllable. It should be a long, but not too drawn-out sound.
- Don’t pronounce the “e” sound at the end of the name. It is silent.
With a little practice, you’ll be pronouncing Robert like a native speaker in no time!